Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bucky

Kian's got a second tooth pushing through and its almost caught up with the other so now he looks like a gopher with teeth fit for felling trees, cracking walnuts, building dams. Okay, beaver teeth!

And his crawl... last night I positively saw him perform a normal crawl for the first time ever, or at least I think I saw it. He's been mobile for weeks but its hard to fathom just how he gets from one place to the next: a roll this way, a backwards crawl, another roll, stretch, crawl, and the next thing you know he's made it across the room and is sipping mimosa's from his bumbo chair. Anyway, last night I'm sure I watched him crawl forwards like a normal baby, I shouted to Annie but she missed it.

Back to his teeth. I spent a good chunk of an evening it seems trying to capture those teeth on film, preserve the moment for posterity, but Kian wasn't in the mood for cooperating. He was in the mood for making my life miserable and he was having a good time doing it. The slow shutter of my camera didn't help. So, instead of a shot of his buckies you get a veritable goose chase.

"Okay Kian, lets get a toothy shot for the grandmas and grandpas,
help me out here, smile!

Ah, that was close but we missed the teeth,
open up little man!

Nah nah... don't grab, stay still...

D'oh! Bad shutter timing on that one.
Come on, don't grab, oh (btw nice fat sleeves)...

Okay funny boy, would you quit horsing around
and show yer toofers, pleeeeeese!

C'mon, open up and lift them gums...

Get a little closer... closer, don't touch...

Oh, too close, back up... o damn (shit, did i say damn)

Oh yeah, this is it, open the gums, here it is, smile, shutter...
no, watch your hands, ah ah!

Well, here is the best I could do.

I'll try him again when he's a little more tired and less apt to mess with daddy. If that doesn't work I'll hog tie the little monkey. Pictures, MORE PICTURES!

No comments: