Friday, October 23, 2009

Me Hungie


After over 6-months of showing him how, Kian finally made his first real hand sign. What else could it be but "I'm hungry". I've been smacking my lips and tapping my fingers to them since he was an infant, and so it was with great relief that he finally started responding, and he's a lot hungrier than I ever imagined (see video). Now we're going to have to pick up the baby signing book and start learning few more.

The kid is acute. Sometimes it takes us a few minutes to figure out why he is doing something, if ever. The other day he was standing in the living room and he was pointing up to the ceiling. It took me a few moments to realize that you could faintly hear an airplane outside and he was pointing it out. He just learned how to turn off and on certain toggle light switches, and he can climb up and down off the beds, the couch and chairs. Yeah, he's a monkey. And he can now pout -- his bottom lip pulls up and he'll start half crying, running around and looking oh so cute -- I'm wondering where he learned to do that, hmmm, Annie? But it is cute, and so I usually just laugh at him but I'm not sure if that encourages him or not. Sometimes I even give him his way, the little brat.

The darn video won't post, I'll try again later. So here are some pics to tide you over.


No comments: