Thursday, October 14, 2010

First Cyclocross Ever

Kian and I drove down to Portland one weekend to get out of mommy's hair since she had a test to study for. And also because there was a cyclocross race organized by my team Veloce Cycles-- Kian just had to give the sport a try. It was another epic day of mud and Kian and I both did pretty poorly, to be honest. Kian just didn't have the legs on this day, and I didn't even have the heart to finish (I was stung 3X by bees, crashed into a sticker patch shredding my legs and skinsuit, and I was crashing every 50 feet).

At the start line, Kian with no Portland call-up, still looking for that hole-shot!

And they're off!

C'mon Kian, hit it!

Where'd everyone run off to?








Battered, bruised and bloody.

Here's a cameo of the new rig! (not even fully built-up yet).
Not looking forward to getting this thing muddy.

No comments: