Thursday, May 26, 2011

Daddy Goes Down


I've hardly raced all year, so why did I have choose tonight? I almost didn't go, and then when I went I almost didn't race because some friends had just finished their race and were going to stroll home easily and get a beer en route. I was tempted but then a teammate called me out, so I feel like I was forced to race. I needed the workout, I wanted to race, so it wasn't hard to twist my arm.

5 or 6 laps into a 35-lap race some young clown on a semi-pro canadian team who was sitting on the front as we nailed it at 30+mph decided to give the whole peleton that infamous "look". NEVER look back when you've got dudes on your wheel: the first 10-12 guys went down like a trainwreck and I was right in the middle. I lost some skin in very interesting patterns and the bruising on my leg might be equally as artistic in the morning, but what really hurts is that both my wheels might have been lost. My DA front is for sure a goner and the rear is a wonky mess. I won't even mention the retail value of these, let alone my very excellent replacement price: ouch!

Could've been worse, but I could have been swilling a mid-ride beer with bicycle buds while that bike wreck was going on. Could have been waaaaaaaaay better.

Could've been worse.

No comments: