Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad



We followed up well to our weekend off the snow and got in 2 big days of skiing and 1 little day.

Presidents Day made it a 3-day weekend and so I headed off to the Chiwawa on Valentine's Day morning with my two sweethearts, stopping off in Snoqualmie for an hour or so to drop off JuJu's birthday present. We were on the snow in Leavenworth a little late but I got a jump on the skiing while Annie fed and cared for Kian. By the time she was done I had already logged 30km on the backside skiing like a caged hamster: round and round the 4km loop. I spelled Annie but instead of hanging around I loaded the little guy into his chariot, strapped myself into it like a mule and soldiered on, skiing another 24km before days end. Great day, and the conditions continued to improve there at the Icicle trails as things firmed up and the crowds dispersed. Kian slept like the little emperor that he is.

Annie took me out for dinner to the local creperie and bought me a bottle of single malt scotch. Guess its time to start acquiring the taste -- I've always been leery because I'm afraid its a habit I might not be able to afford, but if I'm going to be stoked, why not.



No comments: