Thursday, February 19, 2009

The 6-Month Checkup

Today Kian had his official 6-month checkup with his nurse and doctor and I am looking forward to the results: incredible strength to weight ratio, perfect vision, 200%-tile in everything, prodigy child smart and great sense of humor -- that's the kind of report I'm expecting from Annie when she calls with the results. Until then, a little recap on our weekend and all the excitement going on around here.





Last night was a bit TOO exciting. At our weekly "headlamp cross-country ski series" at Cabin Creek (Snoqualmie Pass exit 63), Annie and I took turns towing Kian around on the ice rink slick trails. Annie had him first while I raced, then we switched (2x 2.5-km laps: 12:27 for 5-km total but my first lap was 6:01, I crashed during my second lap). Afterwards, Annie started feeling the pain in her chest that started the day before and we were a little worried. Our buddy Jim strongly suggested that we stop off at Ski Patrol at Snoqualmie and so we did, and it was over an hour of checking her out: she was put on oxygen, poked and proded, questioned and repeat. For the EMTs, and then the firemen when they arrived in their big red trucks with flashy lights. Yeah, it became a big deal. You just never know. In the end they released her on her own recognisance and diagnosed it is a muscle strain with the suggestion that she see a doctor. Exciting times and it made for a late night, so I slept in this morning so I wouldn't be too sleep deprived at the start of my upcoming 3-day weekend.



Night before last I had Kian out for 11/2-hours behind the bike, as Annie was having her swim night and I had a bike team meeting to get to. Friend Mandie watched Kian for a spell and that was awesome!

No comments: