Thursday, April 2, 2009

In Cold Blood



I missed it: he ate his first meat yesterday, a hunk of jerky. It was supposed to satiate his teething aches but he made too quick a work of it. Apparently his inner-monster came out, and this monster is no longer a little vegan. I think this all started when his keen little incisors drew first blood on my finger last week. Look out, he's tasted flesh.

Now today I get word that he had his first pancakes and I'm appalled that this was all done without me in attendance. Will he ever forgive me that I wasn't there for these auspicious moments? I'm destined to be another dead-beat dad that skips all the big moments: the big games, the talent shows and glee club performances, graduation. As long as I'm there for his first ride without training wheels, his first crit victory, his first tour de france stage win I'm sure that all will be forgiven.

I would post those pics that illustrate Kian's other, darker side, but I don't want to frighten any of you, so I'll give the people what they want: cute!








No comments: