Monday, September 14, 2009

So Far So Bad

Rolled out of Seattle at 12:30 Midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning and drove through the wee hours of the morn. Parked at a rest stop just shy of Moses Lake where we spent the night. Annie took the first morning shift at 830am and we were in Spokane by 11. We were making good time but somehow we frivvled away 3-hours doing chores: took on petrol, propane, groceries and diapers, then headed North.

While waiting in the boarder crossing line my "oil" dummy light came on and just after crossing I looking into it: we had a gusher! I spent the better part of two hours in diagnosis and tightening bolts that looked suspect and getting myself neck deep in engine mud. Kian and Annie played in a grassy patch near by and we had some auto help from locals. Good times.

Nursed the Tortuga up to Cranbrook, and 3 quarts later we bedded down in the Walmart parking lot with hopes of getting an early jump on the repairs. The good news is that the Toyota dude says its not leaking as fast as I thought and I'm now two quarts high on the dipstick and that I can easily get up to Radium to rendezvous with Mar-Christ. Plans are to leave my rig behind to get worked on while we take 3-4 days up in the Bugaboos getting Bugaboo'd with our little Bugaboo.

If no word from us assume all is well. Cloudless skies and warm temps are the forecast and the current reality. Time to get busy!

No comments: