Monday, December 7, 2009

Beyond Blowout






Its funny now, and you wouldn't guess it but it was funny then too, and this is a good thing when you have a kid because when you laugh in front of kid, the baby laughs too, and the last thing you want in a crisis situation like this is a crying, squawking, kicking kid.

Just after breaky I noticed Kian's daiper had come undone and had slipped down into his pant leg. Its chilly in here, so I quickly unzipped his one-piece, pulled out the diaper, re-zipped and sent him on his way, diaper free -- one of Kian's favorite things. No more than 10-minutes later I rallied the boy to suit him up for the morning, and that's when I first caught wind of him. Uh oh, this could get messy. I slowly, carefully unzipped the onesie and to my horror it was like a napalm bomb or the guns of navarone went off in there. I was imagining myself on brain detail. But instead of being that race car at a red light, I was laughing pretty hard. Kian started laughing because I was laughing and so we had another one of our guy moments together, the kind that only a father and son could share. I would have laughed louder and longer had I been able to zip it up until mommy got home, but instead I snapped a photo, stripped, and then carried him into the shower with me, onesie and all. I would normally probably end the story here, but one more interesting moment came when I pulled him free of his poopy clothes and into the stream of the shower. I was thinking, "this isn't so bad", as well as how when you're a parent you have to think of poop as though its just dirt and you have to get elbow deep in the stuff once in awhile, but about then I felt this soft thud on my foot and I knew exactly what it was. I still haven't cleaned the mess in the shower up yet, but as much as I'd love to leave it for Annie I'd best take care of it soon.





No comments: