Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Latest From the Land of Snows



Maybe not an apt title for the Northwest this winter, but there is still enough snow up there to make for some really nice nordic skiing. If set and groomed right, I'll settle for 3" if I have to.

Since back from our SW-Baja Trip we've been weekends on the Chiwawa and at the Stevens Nordic Center where we are "hosts": we check for poachers and scammers and other tricky bastards, we direct skier and snowshoer traffic, we chat and schmooze, and we ski our butts off. We love it, and its like family up there so we have a good time. I've worked and hosted up there now for 6 years straight and at this point I couldn't afford a pass, so this volunteer job is a must. A no-brainer must.

I think I have some pics from a few of the weekends.

Rise and Shine, Kian, we're going to Nordic!

Yeah!


Putting on those all important base-layers.

Hard at Work: Sorry folks, no ticket, no ski.

If Mike Power has got a loader, I want a loader.


You can't catch me, Rob Dilling.

Hard at Play: Finally, now its my turn to ski!
Kian's first time on skis, Jan '010.

No comments: