Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mustache March: Its Pure Madness



A few people have complemented me on my stache, much to Annie's dismay, being afraid that it might encourage me. I started this thing back in October as a sort of upper lip embrocation during Cyclocross season, and when it was still around after the season was over I realized that March was just around the corner. Having never been a player during Mustache March I thought I'd give it a go. It was strange to shave the rest of the goatee off leaving just a stache, but like anything, you get used to it. And I've never been called debonair until now. Maybe next year you'll join me?

I've had mine compared with the great Rollie Fingers', and after finding a few pics on the internet I realize that mine is as prolific, I'm just no celebrity. And thats all it takes, apparently, to make the all time top facial hair lists is to have been a beard toting pop icon. Burnsides and Santa Claus, Moses and the ZZ Top brothers had pretty impressive manes, but come on, Kenny Rogers and Tom Selek?

Read more about it here.

Top 20 most important beards of all time: a little collage.

The Mustache Vote: You never would have thunk that
facial hair played an important role in politics.

Mustache March or Movember: Its your decision.


Either way, may the froth not get stuck in your stache.




No comments: