Monday, April 16, 2012

Lotsa New

Visualizing world skis!

Okay................ lets go!


Believe it or not we are still skiing! Nordic skiing!

But there is just one last holdout remaining in the entire NW, and its our home NC at Stevens Pass. Everything else in the state closed up at least 3-weeks ago and all the other groomers have been summerized except for ours. And with my knee still giving me fits and with Kian's new interest in alpine skiing we're still getting up as much as possible. A few weeks ago the three of us went up with some friends and their two girls, and we had a great time... it was Easter weekend. The Fasts' had some pretty strong Easter traditions and so it was fun to be a part. Colored eggs, proliferated Easter Bunny lies (fables), and hunted for eggs and candy. Perfect spring weather too and the skiing wasn't half bad despite the 45 degree snow.... what am I saying, it was incredible.

Backin up, on Saturday Kian and I did some lift serving at Stevens Alpine. Oh yeah, I had Kian on Hogsback and the little guy did awesome. He only asked me to pull out "the lines" on a few of the steepest sections and even then I tried to keep slack in them lines. But man, was I sore after a day of snowplowing the mountain -- usually you try to let them run, so even just a few thousand vertical of wedging down the hill takes a toll on the dawgs.





Easter at the cabin with our Fast friends:
Chris & Leah and Linnea and Alma (pictured).

Score!

No comments: