Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weekend Happenin's

Kian in his new Pack n Play checking out the round n round.


I had a big three-day weekend and we'd made big plans to do something big. I had Monday off this time as a result of a flex day swap and Grandma had just left us, and so we thought we'd take Junior out for a few days camping in the RV. We'd break him in slow, car camping.

As it turns out, the Tortuga never left home.

Saturday morning we got up late, its nice once in awhile, and then without thinking I launched into a huge weekend style breakfast. One of the nicities of life on a super sunny morning in Seattle. Sometimes you just need to take advantage. But the next thing we knew, probably after a tantrum or two and maybe a diaper changing, and it was early afternoon. No problem, I still had two more days off, a normal sized weekend afterall.

In the hat that Grandma made.


That was when we took Kian for his first bike ride in the trailer. I had a triage of bike shops that I needed to hit in order to pick up some spare parts for Kian's nephews' new cross bike that I'm building up, and that was excuse enough. Still unsure if his neck could manage under the G-forces of a bike ride, we decided to take it easy and abort if need be. Seattle streets suck, but once we hit the bike trail it was smooth sailing. What a great day: I pulled Kian behind me and Annie pulled up the rear on her neglected bike (wow, nice to get her out again!) while she kept an eye on the little nipper. 3-hour jount, nice!

Only once the Lion sleeps can I work on the bike: gluing up some tubies!
(I know what you're thinking: sexy)


But we were too pooped to pack and the next morning was a carbon copy of the former except that Jon & Lara brought some breakfast goodies over. It was then I decided that I might as well race since we still hadn't left for our "camp trip", and besides, I'd rather not have my first race one of the biggest races of the season which is next weekend. Thats how it continued, and so even though we thought we might still pull out late Sunday night for a trip out at Alki or something, no go. Not yet defeated we took Kian on his first hike on Monday in the foothills, and we both thought how nice it was to get back into the woods. Kian slept for most of it, but I've got a funny little vid that shows his eyes wide.

Milk drunk!

No comments: