Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend of Smiles


Lots to smile about! As you can see, we got to spend time with family... Sunday was Reid's 11th! birthday! Reid and Justin had some buddies over to celebrate and the rest of us sat around the TV watching football as we ate pizza, drank beer, and passed around the little guy. Check out Aunt Joanie with a little boy in her arms -- you'd almost think she's done this before. See Uncle Brent in the video below checking out Kian's Kung Fu grip and having the good luck to be holding Kian while his diapers "fill"... its good luck just like pigeon-poop on the head is good luck.

Reid got a new-used crossbike for his birthday. I know because Annie and I gave it to him. I found a sweet Kona frame on Craigslist and I've been spending the past week trying to finish it off for him and I'm now down to just needing a front fork. It was a bit of a tease to bring him just the major parts of the bike yesterday - frame, wheels, bars and stem - but it wasn't even enough of a bike that he could saddle it up to see how it fits. If he's anything like his uncle, his first ride on it will be in a race. I'll do my best not to let that scenario befall him.

Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas!

...from the novel of the same name: "You open a window to let the sunbeams in. They behave like tourists, which, in Seattle, they practically are". -T.R.

Below, he's fully asleep in elephant pajamas: the way he usually is at yet another boring cyclocross race on the National circuit... ho hum, daddy won.



More smiles: I forget how long its been since we first caught Kian with a REAL, non-pooping-the-diapers smile, but its still new enough of a phenomenon that I call out to Annie every time I see it, and it still lights up my heart. I never thought that it could be so amazing to me, but gradually over the past week he's taken to smiling more and more.

And Daddy Fresh had his biggest single smile weekend of cyclocross ever by taking 1st and 1st at two national level races against the BEST (the best masters 35+ year olds) in the country. But this is Kiki's blog so you'll have to tune into the Velonews headlines or Daddy's own site for that stuff.


No comments: