Sunday, October 21, 2012

Chiwawa in Fall

I haven't been spending much time on the Chiwawa in Fall during the past few years because of the busy cyclocross season, but its one of my favorite seasons to be up there and this weekend we skipped a race to make it happen. 

I'd succumbed to the bugs that have been going around last weekend and decided that racing was not a good idea on such short order, and because the cabin really needed a good winterizing Kian and I headed over Saturday morning for a quick recon.  Did our share of cleaning and organizing and packing away of the summer outdoor furnishings and reorging of winters firewood, but we had some time to bonfire it up with drinks and gars and get in a hike.  I'd hoped to do some raking because I hate that in spring when the snow melts away to find a rotten layer of leaves, but it was hopeless as the leaves were still raining down non-stop. 

 First stop, Reptile Zoo!  Been by that place a million times, never stopped.


 Snow at the pass!  Snowballs fun!  Brrrrr.





 Scary skeleton man, bwwwaaaahhhhh.


No comments: