Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wedding In The Juanies

Cyclocross season starts in early September these days and so Kian already has 3 or 4 races in the books.  Its been a super dry season so far, nary a drop of rain let alone a course full of mud, and this past weekend while Kian and I were out "pre-riding" the course he started crying when I told him that there wasn't going to be any mud.  "Where's the mud" he cried.  Then he cried.

I think I always dread the muddy races not because I don't like racing in the mud, but because what it signifies: rain.  But this dry spell we are having of late is providing a new set of challenges: dust.  The past two Seattle races that I've done huge dust clouds spring up due to the twister-like action of cyclocross racers going incessantly around and around, and my lungs been working overtime to process the muck.  You should see all the boogers and eye junk.

Here are some pics!  Huh, you know what?  I'm not finding any down-loaded bike race pics just yet so I will talk more about some pictures that I do have: In late September some great friends of ours were married and we were invited to the party out on Orcas Island in the San Juans.  To minimize the ferry costs and the wait time in the long weekend ferry lines, as well as to maximize the fun, we rode our bikes across the "big island" and set up camp.  The weekend was blast and the weather was exceptional.  Here are some pics!  


Ah, the adventure and rigors of family travel.

 Are we going to make the ferry?

 

Wooohoooo!



 Guess who we bumped into out there on the roads?  
I guess this wedding isn't all that exclusive and refined after all.


Finally, our beautiful camp and the comforts of Doe Bay.






 Let's do this thing!

 And so it was, is, and ever shall be.



And the party commenced with bubbles and hoola-hoops.

No comments: