Wednesday, October 29, 2008

12-Weeks Equals 3-Months!


Ladies and Gentlemen, can you believe it! The little Pumpkin is already 3-months old and his daddy has survived it. But I don't mean to say that its been hard or that he's been tough, its just that I never thought that I would be the father of a 3-month old boy and that I've been partially instrumental in getting him there.

This is another milestone because he's on the cusp of re-defining himself yet again: he's been a too tiny, eyes-closed newborn who blossomed into a roaring, always hungry, gimmie-something-but-I-don't-know-what, hold-me-now infant who is about to turn into the perfect little boy, I'm sure of it.

Is it premature to think of him as a little boy? When I'm away from home I seem to think of him as a boy, but when I get home from work and pluck him from his mommy or his crib cocoon (I need my fix) I realize just how small he still is. This is counter-intuitive from what I expected but is probably a conditioning from seeing my nephews only every couple of months and they actually had grown during that time period. I somehow expect to come home from work one day to Kian talking and walking, and maybe wrastling with his old man.

I just spent 4-days without my little boy, the longest time that I've been away since his birth, and it hurt. I'm still trying to make up for all the kisses I missed. Daddy flew out to Kentucky for a National-level Cyclocross race and he fared pretty well considering he'd been mostly injured for the previous month. Bruised tendons, pulled hamstrings, neck crick, etc, so I was happy to pull-off a couple results that would keep me in the series running. My next race in the series (USGP of Cyclocross) is in NJ in 3-weeks and the finale is in Portland in early December, and I think I have a shot to win it. Got to believe. But my goal is Nationals in mid-December in Kansas City. Thats the daddy update. Something from Mommy coming in a separate post.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little pumpkin is getting big. Is he going to be a little chicken on Halloween? His cousin Reid is going to be a big chicken, they could go together.