Monday, June 22, 2009

Daddy's Back


The past 10-days since we last published should probably be a mommy-post since I was gone 8 of those days. Kian celebrated his old man's big day last weekend before I took off, Fathers Day that is, and I was bummed yesterday not getting to see my little man.

This morning when I got home I was expecting to find Kian strutting about the place under his own recognizance, getting all homo erectus on me, but was pleasantly surprised that he was still the crawling chimp that I'd last seen. However, I was hoping that his upper Bucky's had fully emerged so that I could get some sleep but as it turns out they have only dropped about half way, the poor suffering little bugger.

Last weekend Daddy took off for another trip to Oregon. I volunteered at a Junior Development Cycling Camp which proved to be the great experience that I'd hoped. On my way there I hit a big Portland Criterium where Veloce put its stamp on the race. Three of us took 4 of 10 primes and spent a lot of time off the front, but in the end I got boxed-in having taken the final corner in 2nd position, perfect, and could only manage 6th. Still, a good result and Veloce looked good out there. After the 5 day junior camp I met the Veloce Racing squad in Portland for our caravan across the state to race in the far NE corner of the state for a big 3-day race, the Elkorn Classic. My results were piss poor, I felt like crap and just tried to survive, and the team had only a couple bright spots but all-in-all we didn't do as well as we'd hoped. Cascade Classic, is our new mantra. Our final big race of the season starts in 4-weeks in Bend, OR, hopefully a full family trip.

Annie is currently in-between Quarters at school and so we have just one week to make the most of it before she is back taking classes and I am a full time haus frau again. The tentative plan is a few days of bike touring and camping on the San Juan Islands.

Grandma and Grandpa Reid are currently en route to the Chiwawa and we have voice confirmation of their passing through Boise this morning. ETA is manana. Yeeeeeah!, says Kiki, as well as "its about damn time"!


Kian's new Alcatraz

No comments: