Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back on Track


Hanging out with the Blacks in the beer garden.


Back from another race weekend, Mt Hood Cycling Classic this time out of Hood River. Epic race, really fun times with great people. We were graciously hosted at their cabin by Sue and Tim Butler who have an amazing place on the flanks of Mt. Hood. I was guest racing with Tim's squad since no Veloce was in attendence and their cabin was a hub of activity for the 4-days of the race: there were always bike being worked on, food being cooked and eaten, jerseys being washed and pinned, and pro race videos almost always on the tele. I was on my own for the first two days but Annie and Kian showed up for the weekend, and it was easy having the Tortuga right there with our space away from home.

Not the top step that I was hoping for and it was a photo finish, I missed it by mere centimeters. But Tim and I worked the race over by taking 4 of 5 primes and definitely netting the most sponsor-tele time off the front.





Helping mommy in the garden.

No comments: